Mary Beth West has served the U.S. and global public relations industry for many years as a thought leader.
Mary Beth welcomes the opportunity to share her experiences and knowledge amassed from working in corporate, agency, and non-profit arenas, with more than 150 businesses, organizations, and government agencies.
Her servant-leadership mentality aims to help all who work in PR – or who hope to do so in the future – to achieve successful careers while reflecting best practice in service to the public good.
Among many topics Mary Beth has given voice:
- PR in the Boardroom (Not Just the C-Suite)
- Ethics in Public Relations
- Ethics-Washing in Corporate America: The Wells Fargo Case Study
- PR, Academia, and Where We Go from Here to Educate Toward Standards of Practice
- PR Careers: The Student Journey
- The Importance of “Speak Up” Cultures and Anti-Retaliation
- Crisis Communications and Business Continuity
- Internal Communications and Culture-Building
- Inside the Psychology of the Whistleblower Journey
- Gender-Equity Issues in PR
Among many examples of sharing and encouraging best practices, Mary Beth West joined the now-late PRCA Director General Francis Ingham for a discussion of international ethics code research at the 2022 AMEC International Summit in Vienna.